Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A-Stylish A-Frame

Stylish.  One word I never thought I'd use to describe an A-frame house.  When I think "A-frame" visions of dark 1970s ski chalets and the Brady Bunch house seem to dance around my head.  It has never conjured up images of chic interiors.  That is until today.  The interiors of this A-frame are luminous and airy, with sisal carpeting, a vintage rug, pale wooden walls, and clean-lined furniture.  The natural tones and hints of coral and lavender are soothing and serene.  I imagine this room feels cozy and bright even on the most grey spring day.  In fact, it has completely changed my perception of what an A-frame can be.  Void of any dark wood beams or mounted animal heads, the A-frame is spacious, light and dare I say...modern?  Love it!
1. David Weeks Cross Cable Mobile Chandelier | 2. Dutch Scroll Arm Day Bed By Lawson-Fenning | 3. Coral Glazed Silk by Hollyhock | 4. Ikat Pillow Cases |5. Danish multi-wood coffee table, Nickey Kehoe | 6. White Ceramic Vase by West Elm | 7. Vintage Rattan Side Chair | 8. Sisal Rug | 9. Pasajes Rug
Image: Dean Kaufman for InStyle Magazine May 2011, scanned and edited by Kristin Kerr for Simply Smitten

3 comments :

  1. Loved this spread! So unexpected!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This A-frame is breathtaking...
    Oksana from www.ordermatters.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you about the animal heads...

    It's fun when architecture turns expectations on their head ~ and this is certainly that!

    ReplyDelete