Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Real Estate Stalking | Claiborne Swanson Frank

So I may have creeped out my sister yesterday afternoon when I sent her the real estate listing for Claiborne Swanson Frank's stylish New York apartment.  I tried to convince her that I was not stalking and that I just happened to stumbled upon it while looking at The Foo Dog Ate My Homework, but I don't think she believed I word I was saying.  See I was just trying to help a sista out.  Seriously.  My sister just recently purchased her first condo and Claiborne's living room is one of the only images she has pinned to her living room inspiration board on Pinterest.  So being the nice sister that I am, I thought she'd enjoy scoping out the unedited images from the real estate listing. 

As much as I love looking at the beautiful/extremely styled images published in shelter magazines, I'd rather see how people really live. These pictures confirm that Claiborne does in fact own several tv's, she has a plethora of internet cords, she does not have central A/C, and she does not own the sunniest apartment in Manhattan. Yay!  She is just like the rest of us but has a killer art collection and amazing leopard stools. Does anyone else out there enjoy stalking real estate as much as I do or should I be enlisting in some sort of real estate stalkers anonymous group?  Take a look at the images from Elle Decor tell me which version of the apartment you prefer–styled or unstyled?

6 comments :

  1. the mirror above the fireplace is just amazing! I look at real estate listings all the time, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love every square inch- adore all the leopard and amazing art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so funny you posted this because just this week I was on Zillow researching the price of real estate in an unfamiliar city, and stumbled across the recently sold home of one of my favorite designers. I did feel a little stalker-ish, though that wasn't my intention when I started looking! I would have loved to see some un-styled images of that home, but all the listing photos were from publications that I'd seen before. We are in the process of selling/buying so I'm obsessed with following real estate listing updates. When we finally do move, I will probably have some kind of withdrawal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way this entire place is styled! I am the same way, I love to get a glimpse of the way people really live. Maybe that's why I'm reality TV obsessed? (And I know reality TV isn't really reality)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful interiors! I just happened across your blog and love it- count me as your newest follower!

    Cheers, Elizabeth @ The Corner Apartment

    ReplyDelete