Monday, October 22, 2012

Design Hunter | Winnetka Antiques + Modernism

This weekend I drove up to the North Shore to attend the Winnetka Antiques + Modernism show.  This was my second year attending (check out my pictures from last year's show here).  Although I didn't purchase much, I did walk away with loads of inspiration.  I go to these shows knowing very well that I can't afford 99.9% of the items but I love the hunt, talking to the dealers and learning about the history of the pieces that catch my eye.  Above are just a few of the items that struck my heart strings.

.Laslo for Mikasa Prisma flatware. Gold, silver, lucite, need I say more?  The Delux NY booth was hands down my favorite.  They had a great mix of vintage jewelry, accessories and furniture.

.I love the idea of displaying unusual objects as art.  This mounted necklace was just one of the many interesting pieces available at the Cunha St. John booth.  They also had a beautiful collection of vintage automobile lens displayed of custom iron stands.

.Sedge Meadow Antiques had an interesting collection of non traditional antique items. I found the  link detail on these 19th century steel elevator doors to be particularly inspiring.  One day I will have steel windows and doors in my home, one day!

.I always gravitate to the vintage jewelry booths at antique shows and I could have spent hours combing through Loana Marina Purrazzo's collection. These 1970s Trifari earrings reminded me of the items I shared in my Optical Illusion post last week.  I sent Paul a picture of them asking if he's buy them for me for Sweetest Day but he didn't respond. Ha!

.When I spotted this Curtis Jeré raindrops mirror in the Lee's Antiques booth I literally gasp at it's beauty and it's price tag. This mirror has been added to my Ultimate Wish List.

How was your weekend?  What do you have planned for the week ahead?

3 comments :

  1. Love the idea of using jewelry as art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love finding treasurers and that mirror is to die for! I just started following your blog and absolutely love it. I would love if you could visit my blog and possibly follow me back :)

    Have a great week!

    Xoxo
    Makenzie

    http://sosimplychic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever uttered these words, but that flatware is TO DIE FOR. Love your blog lady!

    xo
    Becky
    http://cuphalffull-sf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete