Thursday, July 21, 2011

Design Hunter | Portland, Maine

I had great hopes of driving along one of Maine's antique trails but there just wasn't enough time. We did, however, spend a few hours exploring downtown Portland. First stop, Folly 101. I could've spent hours in this store. The merchandise is grouped by color and, as you can probably tell by my pictures, I contemplated buying everything in the neutral/gray section. I was shocked at how reasonably priced everything was. I bought two "silver" picture frames for $10...nuts I tell ya. I also purchased four linen placemats and dinner napkins that I plan to have monogrammed.
Next up, Blanche and Mimi.  I'm kicking myself for not purchasing the beautiful wrought iron and carrara marble garden conservatory table that you can see in the window. It was in better shape than this one for sale at Canvas and cost a quarter of the price. Would have made for a great nightstand or entry table.
Gorgeous Les Indiennes bedding.may make and appearance in one of my aunt's guest bedrooms
We went to Simply Home twice in four days.  The first time scoped things out then went back on Monday to look at sofas and order a chandelier for the dining room. I envy the owner of this showroom. They have a great selection of products including Lee industries, Farrow & Ball wallpaper and visual comfort lighting....you can check out the entire list here. One day I'd looove to own a design studio/store like this. sigh.
I love the lines of this Verellen sofa - clean and simple.
Images by kristin kerr for simply smitten

No comments :

Post a Comment