Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Strange Love

Dave Eggers ostrich
This ostrich print by David Eggers is just peculiar enough to be quite interesting, don't you think?  It was strange love at first sight so I was bummed when it ended up in another member's cart during Katie Fine's One Kings Lane sale last night.  But as they say, everything happens for a reason.  I ended up googling the artist and found out that Mr. Eggers is the founder of the indie publishing house McSweeney AND that this print is just one of the 26 prints you'll receive if you buy his book/portfolio, "It Is Right to Draw Their Fur: Animal Renderings".  I purchased the portfolio for $20 on the McSweeney website and saved myself $180...after framing it will be more like $100, lucky me!  I'm hoping some of the other prints are as strange and wall-worthy as this one! Lonny_Michelle Adams_Ostrich wallpaper And it wouldn't be a proper ostrich post without sharing Michelle Adam's living room. Cute and quirky.  You can purchase this amazing ostrich wallpaper at The Wallpaper Collective.

3 comments :

  1. I saw that print too! Love it! It struck me as odd that I was so drawn to it. Good to know it's not just me. I think he's kinda cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that Dave Eggers is also an visual artist! I knew about the publishing house because it's here in San Francisco. I loved his book, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius. Hilarious and bittersweet. (I bet he'd hate that description I just gave, by the way.)

    I'm going to check out the portfolio now. Thanks for the tip!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing publish... may help us a good deal,it is Exactly what I became looking for! Many thanks. Buy diablo 3 Gold
    Guild wars 2 CD KEY kaufen

    ReplyDelete