Monday, September 12, 2011

Golden Girl

So today, on this sunny Monday morning, I thought I would share a few project I completed a few months back.  Honestly, Golden Girl is probably a more fitting title for my blog than Simply Smitten.  Whether it's a table, mirror or frame, if it's gold, I love it and if it's not gold, I'll use Old World Arts Gold Leafing Kit to make it gold.  Above, I used the kit to gold leaf a vintage picture frame I picked up at a flea market.  I love how the gold makes the frame's cravings pop. I added a chalkboard to the inside and now this frame hangs in my kitchen.  It's the perfect place to jot down note to my man or my weekly to do list.  I'm thinking about adding a Ruby Beets tribal striped runner in front of it. 
When my aunt gave me this table a few years ago I knew that it had good bones - just look at that marble top - but I wasn't feeling the colored flowers.  Inspired by the Mattaliano Ramille Table, I decided to (obviously) gold leaf it.  Now it's the perfect pop of gold in my living room.  I love it!
 
I'm currently working on a painting inspired by this piece from Natural Curiosities...If I finish it this week I'll be sure to share it.  What's on your agenda?

3 comments :

  1. I am indeed smitten! I love the gold leafing - I've been trying to figure out how to change the proliferation of silver items in my home to gold and this is a fantastic option. That table is just amazing, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVEEEE all things gold. I just painted my dining chairs gold. Obsessed. Your table looks gorg

    ReplyDelete
  3. all you carry out is merely thus mystical and beautiful. liked this particular.

    ReplyDelete