Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Elements of Aerin

Animal prints, velvets and vintage china...there's no denying that Aerin Lauder is a lady after my own heart. I've posted about my love of her Wainscott, East Hampton family house before but after seeing these images on Vogue.com I couldn't help but revisit the topic. The home, which once belonged to Aerin's grandmother Estée, has been seen in Elle Decor and House & Garden but as with any home it seems to have changed and evolved with time. Many of the elements have remained the same but furniture has been rearrange, bedding has been replaced and walls have been repainted giving the home a whole new look.  The living room which was once a lovely orange color is now a rich charcoal grey. And who can forget the sofa? Oh what I would do to own that leopard number (upholstered in Cambridge Guepard by Georges Le Manach) -- leopard and green velvet are one of my favorite combinations!  While decorating my house I'm sure I will continue to refer back to these photos for inspiration because the house is elegant, inviting and as chic as ever!

(Images claiborne swanson frank for vogue.com)

2 comments :

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS POST!

    karlie
    karling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Have you seen the shots of her Chalet in Aspen? Honestly WTF blogged about it not too long ago and my jaw just about hit my keyboard. Link is below. http://honestlywtf.com/home/aerin-lauders-chalet/

    ReplyDelete