Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Purposeful Piles

I love a good organized pile. It’s an obsession - inherited from my father - that has persisted since my youth, and I can’t seem to shake it. There are piles on my desk, under my nightstand, on my ottoman...name a space or surface of my home and I'll bet that I have a pile of something in it or on it. So when I spotted the images above you can only imagine the excitement/jealousy I felt. Why didn't I think to turn my hoards of shelter and fashion magazines into a console table? I mean, is this not the most genius/purposeful pile you have ever seen?

And I kind of feel like finding these pictures was gods way of telling me to stop obsessively looking for a bookcase and instead create large stacks of books around my apartment à la Ryan Korban. Weird, I know, but I've been searching for the perfect bookcase for my home office for months now and being picky and liking expensive things is obviously a bad combo when you're on a budget.  So for now I'm going to listen to god and create purposeful piles. ;) 

(Images 1 / 2 / 3)

7 comments :

  1. I like piling books, although in my opinion, it really depends on the kind of books, and almost the color combination of them. Otherwise, it tends to look like a bit cluttered (albeit, an intellectual kind of clutter :P)I have a place in my room where I've done that, and am quite pleased with it. But that's because I've been too lazy to buy and build a book case.

    Good luck on your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this because it totally speaks to me. I have piles of magazines all over, but like you I try to keep it as organized chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the piles and LOVE those images. You my friend are quickly becoming my new favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big piler. I have stacks of magazines piled into bookcases in our front living room. Love the way it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw a Christmas tree fashioned out of a pile of books on a blog recently, and that pile had me smitten!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these images! I'm a huge fan of book and magazine piles as well. Somehow though, it just looks messy when I try to do it in my own apartment, like I forgot to put them away! I have tons of stacks on shelves, just can't seem to pull off the floor stacks. I gotta work on it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kristen came over from Savvy Home! This cracks me up because I've been styling my house for a photo shoot next week and have actively been styling piles. I didn't realize it until now! Ha!

    ReplyDelete