Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Tory Burch's Southampton Home

I'd been itching to see Tory Burch's southampton home ever since I read about it on Page Six so you can imagine my delight when I picked up the March issue of Vogue and saw this Gatsby-like estate staring at me. Burch worked with two friends, her longtime collaborator, architect and designer Daniel Romualdez, and decorator Eve Hood to create an interior that is filled with an eclectic mix of seventies Karl Springer and John Dickinson, contemporary Garrison Rousseau, hand-blocked Fortuny cottons, and Pottery Barn sisal rugs.  The home is everything you’d expect - grand, refined, sophisticated and chic!
Black-and-white marble-tiled floors always makes for a grand entrance.
The living room/former ballroom is not quite my style but oh the things I would do for that pair of John Dickinson lamps!
The solarium is my favorite room.  The woven chairs, hand-blocked linens and blue and white porcelain scream Oscar de la Renta.  Actually, the entire home has a very Oscar feel to it, don't you think? 
The dinning room walls were transformed by Paris-based wallpaper designers Iksel -- they created custom panels based on Persian Iznik tiles that complement Burch’s collection of Imari porcelain.
This bedroom, upholstered in floral Colefax and Fowler Alicia linen, looks very similar to this dressing room in Oscar's Connecticut home.
A table in the poolhouse dining rotunda is set with D. Porthault linens and Mottahedeh Tobacco Leaf china.  According to the article (read it here) the house has it's own flower-arranging room and an embarrassment of original linen closets filled with overabundance of D. Porthault linens...can you even imagine?  le sigh!
(Images by Norman Jean Roy for Vogue)

6 comments :

  1. Is there a home in the Hampton's that isn't gorgeous?! Probably more pattern and color than I would choose but I think I could manage;) The dining room is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, how gorgeous. I am loving those coral drapes, they are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving all of these images! Her home is beautiful and so is her family!
    http://lindseyyoung.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, smitten and bowled over...my entire house would fit into the grand entrance but then I do live in the UK where they are not as generous with square footage as you fortunate guys over there in the states. That is unless you live in NY I guess!!

    I'll settle for owning a pair of Tory Burch Reva's when I can track some down!

    Esther xx

    http://girlinapanama.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to point out that the tiles used in her dining room are not "Persian" Iznik tiles. They are Turkish Iznik tiles.

    ReplyDelete