Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Knot Your Average Jewelry









After seeing an Orly Genger by Jaclyn Mayer sculptural rope necklace at Space519 this past weekend I was instantly smitten and knew I had to do a feature on this talented design duo.  The brand is a joint effort between Jaclyn Mayer, a former Parsons grad and jeweler, and Genger, an Art Institute of Chicago-trained artist (yay Chicago!).  Look familiar?  That may be because you've seen it on the runway at Lela Rose and WHIT.  I'm dying to get my hands on the Necco Necklace -- nautical knots surrounded by sherbet-hued enamel, what's knot to love -- but the Crosby Cast Rope Bracelet  or the Garter Necklace would also do! Do you have a favorite?

4 comments :

  1. I'm so smitten with all of these!! So cute!! http://www.brightontheday.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate the person who has written such a wonderful blog. Your simple use of language and no frills makes the post a great read...
    Custom Design Jewelry Chicago

    ReplyDelete