Thursday, October 18, 2012

Collected | Pitcher Perfect

While I'm on the topic of geometric optical illusions, I thought I'd share with you my most recent purchase, a cubist pitcher.  When Katie Lee posted these pictures on Instagram over the summer I was instantly smitten.  I needed that pitcher, oh and those glasses, amazing! I left a comment on her post asking who made the pieces but she never responded.  Sigh.  I completely forgot about them until I started working on yesterday's post at which point I decided to make it my mission to find my own set.  A few google searches later and ta-da, I had found the maker.  The pitcher and tea glasses are from the Fostoria Glassware American line.  Fostoria closed their factories in 1983 so you can't find the line in stores but there are a ton on pieces available on ebay and at Replacements Ltd.  I purchased a pitcher, glasses and a bowl last night...I feel a collection in the works!  Have you started a new collection lately?

(Images Katieleekitchen on instagram)

2 comments :

  1. Love it! Not at all similar, but i'm smitten with Anthropology's Fleur De Lys collection & am hoping to score some pieces for Christmas :)

    http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/search/search.jsp?searchPhrase=Fleur+De+Lys

    xoxo Shauna

    Kissesandcontracts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful table setting! I need to start a new collection of my own! Great post!

    pinklipstickandchampagne.blogspot.com

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete