Friday, February 22, 2013

I'm Loving. . .

The perfect home?  I think so!  My chin seriously dropped when I opened up the March issue of Elle and saw these pictures of Sasha Adler's chic Chicago apartment.  There's not one thing I don't love about this design -- it feels collected, inviting, thoughtful and most importantly trend-free.  A few of my favorite features; the giant Lynette Shaw painting in the foyer (notice the black wall), the raw oak floors, and the high gloss black bookcase with brass clad doors.  Sasha's fashion background is effortlessly infused into the home -- the pops of color, layers of texture and vintage brass accessories and lighting all reflect sartorial approach to interior design. I mean, just look at that 1970s Milo Baughman sofa recovered in a Chanel-inspired white bouclé. To die for.  Oh and the things I would do to cozy up with that giant fur pillow on this snowy Chicago morning? No words.  Such a talented lady!

photographs by paul elledge for elle

2 comments :

  1. After Lauren Gold's home appeared in Lonny, I wondered when Sasha Adler's home would be published. Thank you so much for blogging this; I don't regularly read Elle and would have missed it. Beyond gorgeous, as of course we all knew it would be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those book shelves...the dark walls...the details. oh wow oh wow! I love!!!

    ReplyDelete