Friday, March 8, 2013

Smitten | Cathy Bruni Norris

I love the idea of supporting local artists so I was thrilled when my client fell in love with the work of Chicago artist Cathy Bruni Norris.  We stopped by Cathy's Bucktown studio last weekend to see some of her current work and let me tell you, it was love at first sight!  Pictured above are the two pieces we were looking into purchasing.  Stunning, right? Cathy creates these cosmic-like pieces by layering acrylic paint on the reverse side of a clear piece of plexi glass then mounts the finished product to a piece of wood so the depth of colors really pop. If we had space in the room I would have tried to convince my client to purchase both pieces but in the end we ended up going with the painting on the right.  Pictured above is the inspiration board I put together for my client-I can't wait to share pictures once everything is installed!

You can see more of Cathy's work, including the Blue Orb painting we didn't purchase, on Flickr.  And if the real deal isn't in your budget, you're in luck...Cathy paintings have been printed onto the most beautiful beaded fabric and made into clutches and wallets - if you live in Chicago be sure to stop by Laudi Vidni on Armitage and check out the entire line!

1 comment :

  1. Thanks for highlighting a great Chi-town artist. I have never heard of Cathy Bruni Norris, what an interesting technique! The coffee table on your inspiration board looks fab! Hoping you can share pics of the room when it is completed. Looks like it is going to be stellar!
    Beth
    http://www.chicandglamorous.com

    ReplyDelete