Monday, April 22, 2013

Design Hunter | Chicago Botanic Garden Antiques Fair

Vintage swimsuits
A vintage table very similar to one I recently purchased for my apartment.
I Married Adventure - everyone's favorite vintage book.
I have a thing for fur pillows.
A pair of Fornasetti chairs
Malachite stool and brass and lucite lamp.
I'm on a mission to find something similar for my kitchen - I plan to mount it on linen and display in a lucite box frame.
Porcupine quills mounted in lucite.
Hello!  I hope everyone had a lovely weekend.  My mom and I went to the Botanic Garden Antiques Fair over the weekend and although I didn't purchase anything, I did find a ton of lovely pieces and loads of inspiration.  Some of my favorite items included a Fornasetti chair, porcupine quills mounted in a lucite block, a stunning malachite fabric bench and metal knife template that would look awesome framed in a lucite box and hung in a kitchen.

The International Antiques Fair at the Merchandise Mart opens this Friday so if you happen to be in town I suggest stopping by.  There is a keynote presentation by Charlotte Moss on Friday and a Young Collectors' presentation by Leslie Hindman on Saturday.  I plan to stop by the show on Friday so if you'll be there let me know!  Happy Monday!

images by kristin kerr luber

2 comments :



  1. Well done girls, I've runescape gold often wondered where all rs gold this newfangled blogging would get you buy runescape gold and there you Aion Kinah Kaufen are, large as wow gold life (well larger than postage stamp size anyway) on the front page of The Times. Congratulations on being cheap runescape gold their best blog for family cooking.

    He was
    hurt in the first GW2 Gold quarter of Tuesdays win over thee
    Philadelphia 76ers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I always enjoy reading your posts - they are always humorous and intelligent.I am a china tour lover,You can learn more: China tourism | China travel service | China travel

    ReplyDelete