Monday, April 15, 2013

The Need for Tweed

Tweed: a rough woolen fabric made usually in twill weaves and used especially for suits and coats. 

I love the idea of incorporating fabrics that remind me of fashion into my designs, which is why I fell for this multi-colored tweed.  Inspired by this Jane Aldridge's killer vintage Chanel jacket collection I decided to use my fabric find to make throw pillows for my client's sofa.  I'm absolutely obsessed with how they turned out!  The colors are subtle but work oh-so-well the the Cathy Bruni Norris painting and the texture pops against the neutral sofa.  It's easy to get wrapped up in the trendy prints that walk down the runways and show up in shelter mags but I like to stick to the staples like tweed and boucl√© -- they're perpetual classics that can spruce up even the most torn pair of boyfriend jeans or casual linen sofa!

I'll share more info about the space and the custom geode lamp we are having made as soon as everything is installed so stay tuned!  Happy Monday!

Images by kristin kerr luber for simply smitten

2 comments :

  1. it is deemed an amazing, beautiful, basic and sincere video of the strategy. I am just a real fan of one's perform! I'd personally require a bite regarding dessert away from any sapling everyday. gold on runescape

    ReplyDelete
  2. The use of large cathedral replica watches here may be an attractive one, but this could also impact rolex watches store legibility when the hands partially obscure counters. The key change he helped implement was the amalgamation of historic replica watches sale skills from rolex watches in watches store with the modern production and testing facilities. I will like the rolex replica sale function operated from the crown. It looks awful just sticking out there. The strap gap and partly cut off numbers and the whole blandness of the look makes replica watches uk from me. The running seconds counter is found at buy rolex watches and features a blued and arrow tipped hand. Carpet is match the drapes. The breitling replica sale view is lovely. Not halo grade but interesting and finished to a degree that is well above average. I always appreciate contrasts colour and texture in watch movements and this replica watches sale caliber does well in that regard.

    ReplyDelete