Friday, September 30, 2011

Earthly Elements

My favorite interiors are ones that blend natural elements with sleek, modern design so it's no wonder I fell for this rustic yet modern vignette the moment I saw it.  The twig-like Casamidy Hiver Opera armchair, soft, chartreuse cushions and textured moose antlers seems like such a winning combination.  I loved the idea of this image so much that I decided to paint it and hang in it my guest bathroom.   It's not good, it's not bad but it's mine, so I love it.

(photograph by david prince for elle decor)

2 comments :

  1. I think you did a great job! Such a cute picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. growing up in the midwest, I have always had a thing for rustic elements...and you did a perfect job capturing that here. so impressed! happy almost weekend! xoxo {av} | {long distance loving}

    ReplyDelete