Thursday, March 31, 2011

Runway to Room | J. Crew + Nate Berkus

Those who know me personally know that despite the bright, patterned and girlish content of this here blog, my own personal style is far more tailored and subdued.  Over the years, I’ve wasted more money than I’d like to admit on trendy patterned pieces only to wear them once then ban them to the “someday” bins under my bed.  Take a look at my closet and apartment today and the only patterns you’re likely to see are stripes, ethnic prints and those of the animal variety (they’re classic and go with anything!).  My bedding – white.  My sofa – grayish.  My throw – fur.  My rugs – sisal.  I stick with saturated, textured solids that I can mix and match to create a cozy, layered feel. Was I tempted to hop on the Imperial Trellis train? Yes sir! Am I glad I didn’t? You bet!  I'm a girl on a budget so I leave patterns for pillows and other small accessories.  For this reason the colorful yet tailored pieces from J. Crew’s fall line and Nate Berkus’ always scrumptious layered interiors have me weak in the knees. Who can resist unexpected combinations of rich saturated colors and luxe-looking designs that are sure to stand the test of time? Not me....
images: fabsugar, nate berkus and roger davies for elle decor

2 comments :