Thursday, August 4, 2011

Francine Turk

I remember the first time I saw Chicago artist Francine Turk’s eye-catching nude drawings in the 2006 Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Aniston movie, The Break-Up. To say it was love at first sight would be an understatement. I was obsessed and needed to have one. I asked my boyfriend to buy me one of her small figures for Christmas, however, being that it was our first year out of college and we were poor, I clearly didn't get it. Five years later, Francine's art still remain on the top of my wish list.  I've looked on Etsy for other nude drawings but nothing else will suffice.  France's figures are different – bodies seems to be created from a few simple lines floating on paper and the fact that she displays her work in vintage frames creates a sense of drama.  Le sigh.

Check out Francine's Facebook page to see pictures of her studio and creative process as well as images of her work on the set of The Dilemma!
Images: Francine Turk

No comments :

Post a Comment