Monday, February 6, 2012

Inspired Interior | Brooke Shields

If you don't have a subscription to Architectural Digest then I suggest you run to the closest bookstore and pick up a copy of the March issue stat!  The entire issue is filled with inspiring interiors but it's Brooke Shield's home, designed by Made NYC and David Flint, that has officially shot to the top of my Favorite Homes Ever Published list.  The Jansen chairs and Zuber wallpaper in the dining room were enough to send this home to the top but what I really love is high-low mix of both modern and traditional accessories. 

The Chelsea Gray-painted living room is my absolute favorite the inexpensive jute rug from pottery barn grounds the space and lets the French Empire commode, Hunt Slonem Bunny art, large ceramic lamps, lime green lamp shade, John Robshaw pillows and fabulous 1970s lucite-base cocktail table take center stage.  This interesting combination of french antiques, linen textiles and modern lighting continues through out the house giving each room a completely original feel.  Below are a few elements to help you achieve this look at home:
Camel Back Settee / Jupiter Chandelier / Boston Terrier watercolor by Meg Biram / Decorative Bust from Pottery Barn / Andes Jute Rug from Kohl's / Gilded Laurel Mirror / French Empire Commode

(Images William Waldron for Architectural Digest and Made NYC)

8 comments :

  1. Wow, her home is amazing. I love everything. Thank you for sharing!!!

    Also, enter my Handbag Heaven giveaway if you have a chance :)

    http://brileeo.blogspot.com/2012/02/handbag-heaven-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so lovely. I especially like the last shot. My dream is to have a townhome in the city somewhere that has a patio like that, with lots and lots of windows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab home! I especially love the bathroom and bedroom - beautiful! Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning! Can't stop staring at these gorgeous images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, what a gorgeous home ... so inspiring! I love your "get the look" board you designed as well! I actually have that gold laurel mirror on top of my dresser and it is stunning - such a statement piece. I was impressed by Pottery Barn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. How lovely is this home?!! The floors are stunning(I love dark wood floors)and the decor is luxurious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, at first i thought it was just a beautiful collection of interiors - that is one home, amazing. I am diving back in to admire all of the detail. lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many wonderful shots here! I especially love that dining room! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete