Monday, February 6, 2012

My Weekend in Pictures

There is nothing like starting the weekend early.  My boyfriend flew in from DC on Thursday night to help me celebrate my Birthday...
Sometimes it's fun to be a tourist in your own city so on Friday we woke up early and took a trip to the Shedd Aquarium.
What an inspiring place -- I've never seen so many beautiful colors in one spot.
We started Saturday on a sweet note with these homemade pumpkin doughnuts then headed out to test drive the new Jeep Cherokee -- love, love, love it!
 That night we opted to forgo our fancy dinner reservation for a cozy night at home.
There's no denying I'm a homebody so Bananagrams + Portillo's chocolate cake made for one fabulous early Birthday celebration.
On Sunday we enjoyed brunch with our families at Prasino (a must-try if you live in Chicago).  This beautifully wrapped present was just icing on the cake -- my mom got creative and used a vintage scarf to make the bow.  I mean, does it get any cuter?

How was your weekend?

2 comments :

  1. Looks like such a fun weekend. Happy early birthday!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday weekend!

    I love the vintage scarf as a bow. I need to try that myself.

    ReplyDelete