Thursday, March 29, 2012

Smitten | Eskayel

What do you see? These watery prints by Brooklyn design studio Eskayel remind me of a Rorschach inkblot.  I ran upon this amazing company while obsessing over Moda Operandi’s Artistic Director Taylor Tomasi Hill’s Chelsea loft feature on Vogue.com.  Designer Shanan Campanaro of Eskayel digitally manipulates sections of her paintings to make wallpaper, fabrics, pillows, carpets and ceramics. While a roll of wallpaper will set you back about $500, the fabric and pillows pack the same punch for a fraction of the price. If I had my way, I'd upholster an antique gilt Louis XVI armchair in the graphic Madagascar fabric then top it with a solid cashmere throw and a textured pillow.  What would you do?

3 comments :

  1. That loft feature just blows me away! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their prints are so insanely gorgeous!!! I wish it wasn't so expensive :( I would Love to put it in a hallway or bathroom!!! I guess I can always get one of their pillows.. xo Elizabeth

    Follow Shopbop + The NOW to Win $100 Shopbop Gift Card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am madly in love. Now these are prints I can commit to!

    ReplyDelete