Friday, September 14, 2012

The Lotus

When Farrow & Ball came out with The Lotus print wallpaper, it was love at first sight. I'm helping my sister decorate her new condo and when I suggested this paper for her powder room she wasn't really feeling it, I think she called it 'old lady'.  Huh? I just don't get it, I'm absolutely smitten with the oversized floral print.  I'm hoping this post changes her mind!

Here it is, looking lovely, in Ryan Korban's masculine and moody Soho kitchen, a colorful den by Christina Murphy and a welcoming Rachel Halvorson-designed entry.  Great, right?  It's quite possibly my favorite wallpaper pattern of all time.  Bold statement, I know but I love it's versatility.  The dark colors are bold and graphic while the softer shades add a subtle depth to the walls. So, Lauren, are you convinced?

What's your favorite wallpaper?

Images 1 | 23 | 4 | 5 | 6

11 comments :

  1. You have to check this out.

    http://eviesindependentliving.blogspot.com/2012/08/lotus-stencil.html

    She found a stencil on Etsy. Amazing option if you are not willing to commit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am obsessed with this wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous. I love the different feeling it has in each different color. the navy/white (or black/white?) is my favorite combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just put this in my clients entry and stairwell. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That kitchen is fabulous!

    xo
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the kitchen! gorgeous paper. have a fabulous weekend, darling!

    caroline @ patagonia gifts love knot jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love the design but I think I'm too afraid of the boldness of the first two, although i really love the colors too. I'll have to go with #4 as my favorite, still with the design but a bit more subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that wallpaper. But those colorways are so tame. My sister-in-law used the green and gold (I think) on a massive wall in her vaulted ceiling living room and it was so incredible. Not old lady at all - very bohemian. She has since moved, but I still dream about that paper in that room!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it in the dark color. IT's also Ryan Korban's home so I'm a little biased. xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty!! I love how it's such a perfect blend of traditional with a hint of ethnic flair...and I especially love it paired with bright colors. Very lovely!

    ReplyDelete