Friday, January 4, 2013

I'm (Still) Loving. . .

Black and blue.  I posted about my love of this color combination a while back and seems I just can't seem to kick the obsession.  Truth be told, just about every article of clothing I've purchased over the last few months has been black.  I know, real original...but black is classic, is the perfect backdrop for colorful jewels, and looks great with just about every other piece in my closet (including blue). 

And as far as interiors go, black lampshades are my go-to and are the perfect way to add a little drama to a room (Black Magic post here). The Nate Berkus designed dining room pictured above would have had a completely different feel if they would have used ivory shades instead of black, don't you think?  The black shades make the antique French sconces pop against the textured burlap wallpaper and they look great next to the blue James Nares painting.  I recently used a similar palette in a client's living room, lush blue velvet Louis armchair, vintage alabaster lamp with black shade and textured ivory pillows - I just love the way it turned out!  Black leather is small doses is also pretty great but more on that later.

Do you have a favorite color combination?

1 comment :