Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Why Don't You?

...add some life to your decor with a tortoise shell?  Since the first time I read this article in The New York Times, I've wanted to add a shell or two to my home.  Now I feel like I'm seeing them everywhere I look - Vogue featured Samantha Boardman's home on their website last year and I immediately noticed the albino shell on display in her library.  Isn't it gorgeous?  I love the organic look and dimension it adds to the room.  I recently sent my sister to The Evolution Store in NYC to scout out their selection of replica shells (I certainly don't advocate the killing of animals for their shells) and I'm realllly hoping she bought me one (perfect housewarming gift...wink, wink, nudge, nudge...Lauren)!
An antique shell in Nate Berkus' Chicago home
Shells on display in Antony Todd's NYC store make a strong statement and they also work well with a feminine bar designed by Windsor Smith
Two albino shells hang in the home of Daniel Romualdez
And finally (my favorite) a mini shell in a tablescape designed by Sasha Adler and Lauren Gold

1 comment :



  1. Well done girls, I've runescape gold often wondered where all rs gold this newfangled blogging would get you buy runescape gold and there you Aion Kinah Kaufen are, large as wow gold life (well larger than postage stamp size anyway) on the front page of The Times. Congratulations on being cheap runescape gold their best blog for family cooking.

    He was
    hurt in the first GW2 Gold quarter of Tuesdays win over thee
    Philadelphia 76ers.

    ReplyDelete