Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Inspired Interior | Carrier and Company

City living has its perks but lets face it sometimes it's nice to escape real life – smelly streets, crowded subways – and imagine what life would be like if you lived in the idealized New York of cinema.  Lucky for us the super talented folks at Carrier and Company teamed with Town & Country magazine for the Hearst Designer Visions showhouse and made the New York we see in the movies a  reality.  I wasn't able to see the showhouse in person so I was giddy with excitement when I opened up my January issue of Town & Country and saw detailed photos of Carrier and Company's design.  Designers Jesse Carrier and Mara Miller chose "Igby Goes Down," a 2002 movie which starred Kieran Culkin, Amanda Peet and Claire Daines, as their muse because thought it worked well with the new younger, edgier vibe of Town & Country under Editor in Chief Jay Fielden.  I haven't seen the movie so I have no clue if this space is an accurate interpretation but to be completely honest, I don't really care -- I'm head over heels in love with Jesse and Mara's vision!
There are so many great elements in this room but my favorite has to be the Mecox cocktail table.
The Flip floor lamp by Julian Chichester is, well, flipping fabulous.
Artwork plays a big part in the design.  Here, paintings by Thomas Libetti and Dorothy Heller lean on a cabinet by The New Traditionalists.  The sconces are from Urban Electric.
One day I will have a foyer large enough for a center table -- I just think they are so elegant.  This room has the perfect mix of new and old.  I love how they paired the modern brass console with an antiqued mirror.  And don't even get me started on the Smokebell pendant.  I die
The Antelope rug in the kitchen is from Karastan.
This monochromatic poppy-colored study is perfection.  The textured walls were created using the Bright Canvas Technique by Ralph Lauren Paint with a base color of Plateau and a Poppy glaze. 
The framed intaglios pop off the orange walls.
Artwork by Leah Durner hangs above a bench by Dmitriy & Co.
My two favorite things in the bedroom are the bed by Oly Studio and the lamps by Stephen Gerould.
I love every last detail of this apartment.  What do you think?

(Images: Francesco Lagnese via Carrier and Company)

6 comments :

  1. Love all of these spaces - each one is layered to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only dream of having an apartment like this in the city! I really like it, it's so sophisticated. The foyer is gorgeous, I love the tufted white chair for reading, and the modern desk chair is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg. I'm having a serious moment with the first picture. Insanely decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I am smitten. I stumbled on your blog wandering through blogosphere, and I am glad I did. I will be your newest follower too, usually it takes me a few weeks to do that but there are exceptions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what did it for me in the first room? That sconce on the left hand wall! And then I saw the mirrored pendant, and the antique mirror/glass and brass console, the textured walls… and I’m totally sold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would DIE for that painting (slight overstatement, but still)

    ReplyDelete