Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Real Estate Stalking | Loving Love?

Look Familiar?  It should.  This four story West Village townhouse once belonged to Steven Gambrel and has graced the cover of Elle Decor and Steven's new book Time and Place.  I urge you to pull out your January/February 2009 issue of Elle Decor if you need to refresh your memory.  I did just that last night and to be honest, I don't know if I'm horrified or intrigued by Love's updates to the historic home.  It definitely has a more bohemian free-spirit feel to it.  The former dining room is now prayer room and Gambrel's iconic military jacket-inspired curtains now hang over small-scale Farrow and Ball Lotus paper.  Courtney made quite a few updates considering she only rented the home for 6 months.  You can read all about it over at xojane.  And if you happen to have an extra $11.4M laying around the house is up sale, check out the listing here.  Any takers?  I'd buy it if I could, the bones are perfection!  I want to marry those mouldings and lacquered doors.

(images via xojane)

5 comments :

  1. It definitely has a collected but edgy feel. I think I like Steven's version better...

    On another note, I'd love for you and your readers to enter my pillow giveaway! It ends today! http://www.christinamarieinteriors.com/2012/09/custom-made-pillows.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That color is the perfect shade of blue! I'm loving the pretty chandeliers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely an eclectic home. I love certain touches like the artwork and large black doors.

    Stay in the Lines

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always been fascinated by Love and this house is of course, totally unique and cool (just what I'd expect!)
    ♡ Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is awful. The color scheme, the art, those sofas... It looks like a dilapidated brothel.

    ReplyDelete